Orissa Power Transmission Corporation Ltd.
Janpath, Bhubaneswar-751022, Orissa
Publication of Application u/s 64(2) of the Electricity Act, 2003, read with Reg.53(7) of the OERC (Conduct of Business) Regulations, 2004
Annual Revenue Requirement for the year 2006-07 and Transmission Tariff Application for the year 2006-07, by Orissa Power Transmission Corporation Ltd. (OPTCL), before the Orissa Electricity Regulatory Commission, Bhubaneswar.
1. OPTCL has submitted on 30.11.2005 its Annual Revenue Requirement and Transmission Tariff Application for the year 2006-07 to the Commission for approval. It has been registered as Case No.43/2005. The application has been filed under Sections 61–64 of the Electricity Act, 2003 read with OERC (Terms and Conditions for Determination of Tariff) Regulations, 2004 and OERC (Conduct of Business) Regulations, 2004. The Commission has decided to take into consideration the aforesaid Revenue Requirement and Tariff Application for the year 2006-07 through a hearing.
2. Copies of both the aforesaid filings together with supporting materials along with the documents related to tariff as mentioned in Para (1) above are available with Sr. G.M (R&T), OPTCL Headquarters, Bhubaneswar and all Superintending Engineers in charge of E.H.T. Maintenance Circles of OPTCL at Cuttack, Burla, Berhampur, Jaypore and Jajpur Road.
3. Interested persons may inspect/peruse the relevant records pertaining to the matters enumerated in Para 1 above and take note thereof at the office mentioned at Para 2 above, during office hours on working days within fifteen days of this publication by making a plain paper application to the aforesaid authorities. Alternatively, the above public notice along with the details of filing is available in OPTCL’s website
www.optcl.co.in as well as in Commission’s website
www.orierc.org, which may be perused for filing suggestions/objections.
4. The Transmission Tariff is applicable for transmission of power to Distribution and Retail Supply Licensees and from CPP to an industry located at distant place. The proposed Transmission Tariff application for the Financial Year 2006-07 contains details regarding transmission charges, rebate, delayed payment surcharge and duty and taxes.
5. The rates and charges proposed are printed herewith for the information of the general public.
6. The Revenue Requirement and Tariff Application for the year 2006-07 in one volume can be obtained from the office mentioned at Para 2 above on payment of the photocopying charges @ Rs.50/-. This application has the following salient features:-
(a) Write up on the application as submitted by the licensee (Page 1-14).
(b) Proposed Transmission Tariff schedule (Annexure-A, Page 15).
(c) Calculation of revenue requirement (TRF-5).
(d) Calculations of clear profit (TRF-6).
(e) Calculation of capital base and reasonable return (TRF-7).
(f) Balance sheet (TRF-25).
(g) Profit & loss account (TRF-26).
7. Suggestions/objections, if any, together with supporting materials may be filed before the SECRETARY, ORISSA ELECTRICITY REGULATORY COMMISSION, BIDYUT NIYAMAK BHAVAN, UNIT-VIII, BHUBANESWAR-751012 in person or through Registered Post/Courier Services only so as to reach him on or before 02.01.2006 positively. The suggestions/objections should be filed in six copies and should carry full name and postal address of the persons/ organizations/ institutions sending the suggestions/objections and shall be supported by an affidavit. A copy of the said suggestion/objection shall be served on the undersigned. There shall be clear indication if the suggestions/objections are being filed on behalf of any organization/institution representing any category of consumers. It should also be specifically mentioned, if it is to be heard in person by the Commission.
Suggestions/objections received after the date mentioned above or those which will prove deficient on any or more of the above points may not be taken into consideration by the Commission. It may also be noted that only those documents stating the suggestions/objections and filed through affidavit will be admitted for the hearing.
8. As directed by the Commission, the dates of hearing shall be duly published in the Newspapers and also communicated to the parties whose objections are admitted.
Dated : 9.12.2005
Note: Alternatively, the above public notice along with the copy of the petition is also available in OPTCL’s website www.optcl.co.in and Commission’s website www.orierc.org.
Proposed Schedule of Transmission Charge of OPTCL for carrying out Transmission &
State Load Despatch activities for 2006-07
This Charge is applicable for wheeling of power from generating points to the supply point of Distribution & Retail Supply Licensee and wheeling of power from CPP to it’s units at a separate location. The total charges shall be calculated by summation of following charges stated in Para (a) to (d) below as applicable:
a. Transmission Charge:
• The Transmission Charge @ Rs. 53.37 Cr per Month shall be applicable for transmission of power at 220 kV/ 132/ 66KV kV over OPTCL’ s EHT transmission system for the purpose of transmission of energy from generator end to the substation from where energy will be fed to DISTCOs and CPPs for the use of EHT transmission system and for the purpose of transmission of energy from a CPPs to its industrial unit located at a separate place as well as for transmission of power from outside the state to an industry located inside the State.
The transmission charge shall be applicable on prorate basis on quantum of energy delivered to the DISTCOs and CPPs, the Long Term Customers for that month.
• On payment of the monthly bill, the Retail and Distribution licensees shall be entitled to a rebate of
• Two percent (2%) of the amount of the monthly bill (excluding arrears), if full payment is made within 48 hours of the presentation of the bill.
• One and half percent (1.5%) of the amount of the monthly bill (excluding arrears), if a minimum of 85% of the whole amount (excluding arrears) is paid within 48 hours of the presentation of the bill and One percent (1%) on the balance amount if paid in full within 15 days from the date of the presentation of the bill.
• One percent (1%) on the amount of the monthly bill (excluding arrears) if full payment is made within 15 days from the date of the presentation of the bill.
c. Delayed Payment Surcharge:
The monthly charges as calculated above together with other charges and surcharge on account of delayed payments, if any, shall be payable within 30 days from the date of bill. If payment is not made within the said period of 30 days, delayed payment surcharge at the rate of 2% (two percent) per month shall be levied pro-rata for the period of delay from the due date, i.e. from the 31st day of the bill, on the amount remaining unpaid (excluding arrears on account of delayed payment surcharge).
d. Duty and Taxes:
The Electricity Duty levied by the Government of Orissa and any other statutory levy/ duty/ tax/ cess/ toll imposed under any law from time to time shall be charged over and above the tariff.